I'm overly excited about the upcoming school year. We have moved things around a little.... I finally have an office space and today it is clean and organized! Yeah me....
Now to share with you this summer long hunt for curriculum for four children. I will begin with the oldest. My seventh grade son. He will be making leaps and bounds. The thing I love most is that he helped pick things out that he is interested in. I love homeschooling. So peak below to see how I am homeschooling him for close to free.... with the exception of ink, paper and a lot of hours of searching. The money I save will allow me to place them in local extracurricular activities. (The actual textbooks are books that we have already or will borrow from library. I did purchase a few... Amazon is great I always have a save for later cart)
7th Grade Language Arts Curriculum
- Literature- Unit Studies covering a Novel each six weeks.
- The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
- Krik? Krak! by Edwidge Danticat
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein
- The Diary of Anne Frank
- Literature- Elements of Literature- Introductory Course (FREE) A collections of poems, short stories, biographies, myths, folklore, fables and non-fiction writings
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Vocabulary- My Vocabulary (FREE) Depending on what we are studying I will toss in an activity twice a week to sharpen Vocabulary skills.
- Mondays and Wednesday
- Grammar: Online Grammar and Writing Handbooks Grade 6 (FREE) A workbook of Grammar and Writing course to reinforce Grammar and writing skills.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Grammar Supplement: Glencoe Writer's Choice Grammar and Composition (FREE) A Textbook of Grammar and Composition to reinforce Grammar and writing skills.
- As needed
- Spelling/Vocabulary:Cozy Spelling Course (FREE) An Online weekly spelling list with activities... I have added a few of my own to go with the list.
7th Grade Math Curriculum
- Main Math Curriculum-Master Math (FREE)
- A online math curriculum that has a weekly Math Lesson with videos, worksheets, interactive practice and quiz's.
- Secondary Math Curriculum- These are available free through Master Math to coordinate with weekly Lesson (FREE)
- IXL Math
- Highschool Science Curriculum - Human Body / Anatomy Study (FREE) A science curriculum that has lessons for all ages studying the same topic. We will make adjustments to what we use and don't use. We purchased the main Anatomy and Physiology Text, using the library for the other's if not available purchase at a reasonable price or find a substitute.
- Maarifa Academy- Exploring the Ancient Kingdoms of Africa* (My Creation) A social studies curriculum that has lessons for all ages. It survey's the history of the many Ancient Kingdoms of Africa. The curriculum has 5 strands Read it (Books), Research it (web-based research), Watch it (Videos), Write it(Writing Activities) , Do it (art projects, Lapbooks, Presentations etc.)
- Bible: Bible Class (FREE)
- Daily Bible Lessons
- Art History: Kahn Academy (FREE)
- Two Times a week (Not sure what days) I have made notebooking pages to go with Lessons.
- Computer- Introduction to Computer Science On-Line (FREE)
- Two Times a week (Not sure what days)
- Music: Teoria Music Theory (FREE),Beethoven Who?,($19.99...I got it on Free Day)
- Two times a week (Not sure what days)
- Spanish: Spanish I, (FREE) Teach Me Spanish (FREE), Study Spanish (FREE), Online Free Spanish (FREE)
- At least four times a week
- Physical Education and Health: Home School Family Fitness: The Complete Physical Education Curriculum for Grades K-12 (Library)
- As needed..... See Extracurricular Activities below
- Photography - Homeschool Technology Class at local Recreation Center (NOT FREE)
- Tae Kwon Do- At the YMCA (NOT FREE)
- Basketball- Local YMCA League
- Chess Club- Meets twice a month.
- Kid Fit Blast - At the YMCA (Free with Membership)
Well that's all for now. See you soon with the Kindergarten, First and Fourth Grade Curriculum.
I'm linking up with the NOT Back-to-School Blog Hop Curriculum Week