Now for the drum roll...... The curriculum List:
4th Grade Language Arts Curriculum
- Literature- Unit Studies covering a Novel each six weeks.
- The Land, by Mildred Taylor
- Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- Bud, Not Buddy Christopher Paul Curtis
- Language Arts - We will use the activities from the Lesson Pathways Curriculum, I pick the weeks that correspond with the Books above. They range from 2nd to fifth grade. Did not like the Fourth Grade list of Book Units so I patched it together and I will add activities where needed.
- Language Arts - Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders for 4th Graders
- Monday-Friday As Needed
- Grammar: Online Grammar and Writing Handbooks Grade 4 (FREE) A workbook of Grammar and Writing course to reinforce Grammar and writing skills.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Spelling/Vocabulary: K12 Reader 4th Grade Spelling (FREE) An Online weekly spelling list with activities... I have added a few of my own to go with the list.
- Main Math Curriculum-Math Success, Grade 3 ($9.99) Yes Grade Three... Remediation is needed, depending how we get through this book that he seems to like we will move on to The Complete Book of Math, Grades 3 - 4.
- A math workbook. that has a weekly Math Lesson with videos, worksheets, interactive practice and quiz's.
- Secondary Math Curriculum- Interactive On-Line Lessons (FREE)
- Otter's Homeschool Science Curriculum (FREE) A science curriculum that has lessons for all ages studying the same topic. We will make adjustments to what we use and don't use. We purchased the Human Body Activity Book, using the library for the others if not available purchase at a reasonable price or find a substitute.
- Maarifa Academy- Exploring the Ancient Kingdoms of Africa* (My Creation) A social studies curriculum that has lessons for all ages. It survey's the history of the many Ancient Kingdoms of Africa. The curriculum has 5 strands Read it (Books), Research it (web-based research), Watch it (Videos), Write it(Writing Activities) , Do it (art projects, Lapbooks, Presentations etc.)
- Bible: Calvary Curriculum(FREE), The Little Kids Adventure Bible, Kiddictionary,
- Daily Bible Lessons with corresponding Lapbooking Activities.
- Art: Art Tango (FREE),World's Greatest Artist 1(Free), The Kids' Multicultural Art Book: Art and Craft Experiences from Around the World
- Two to three times a week (Not sure what days)
- Computer- Computer Science Unplugged (FREE)
- Two Times a week (Not sure what days)
- Music:Making Music Fun (FREE)(Beethoven Who?,($19.99...I got it on Free Day)
- Two times a week (Not sure what days)
- Physical Education and Health: Home School Family Fitness: The Complete Physical Education Curriculum for Grades K-12 (Library)
- As needed..... See Extracurricular Activities below
- Tae Kwon Do- At the YMCA (NOT FREE)
- Basketball- Local YMCA League
- Chess Club- Meets twice a month.
- Kid Fit Blast - At the YMCA (Free with Membership)
Knowledge Quest through Lapbooking - We will Lapbook across all subjects. I will be posting our Lapbooking Journey soon.
Nature Study- We will explore Nature through journals, notebooking pages and Lapbooks. I will be posting our Nature Study Journey soon.
Well that's all for now. See you soon with the Kindergarten and First Grade Curriculum.
I'm linking up with the NOT Back-to-School Blog Hop Curriculum Week