Sunday, December 23, 2012

2013 Curriculum the Journey Begins


As the New Year approaches, I have been working diligently to compile a curriculum for my four Shining Star Students.  I have only spent about $60.00 on curriculum.  Since I’m starting in the middle of the school year, I decided not to purchase complete curriculums. I am utilizing many of the free online resources. In addition I’m  staying close to the  Common Core  Aligned  Standards since my kids are coming out the school  system and plan to reenter  in high school (that is the plan for now).

My homeschool approach will be a mixture of school at home, unit study, notebooking and online studies.

Each month we will do a thematic unit where each child will create a notebook with everything related to the theme.  Our bookshelf will reflect the theme. For the month of January our theme is Animals of the World and our February theme will be African American History. We will vote for March in January and so forth.  My 3rd and 6th grader will have a Language Arts Four week every other month on a suggested reading book.  For January the 3rd Grader will read Because of Winn-Dixie and the 6th grader will read Touching Spirit Bear.

To view there complete curriculum for the second semester of the 2012/2013 school year, click here
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Because of Winn Dixie is one of my favorites! Best of wishes for your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it's one of mine too... plus in College we had to read and create a Unit Study so now I can use it. I keep everthing.

      Delete
  2. That is such a great idea and an incredible way to do work with multi-age group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing such a wonderful service to these kids! Such a great way to start the year. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete